Kopete unusable for MSN, kdenetwork 3.3.2-4 fixes

Hello!

  Since yesterday evening, the Kopete version in sarge is no longer able
  to log into MSN Messenger accounts due to (it seems) an update in the
  Microsoft servers.

  Bug #309745 arrived to the Debian BTS this morning making us aware of
  the problem, and in the afternoon we were informed that a bugfix was
  available from upstream's SVN.

  We've uploaded kdenetwork 3.3.2-4 to sid a while ago, containing a
  backport to the 3.3 branch of KDE of the upstream fix, and we would
  like to see this version shipped with Sarge if possible.

  Sorry for making this request so close to the deadline for bugfixes at
  severity important, but please take into account that the problem has
  only existed for little longer than 24 hours now.

  The changelog entry follows, and the diff is about 900 lines including
  an update to a Makefile.in file. There's then a lot of code deleted that
  gets substituted by two files copied from the long-existing project
  KMess.

  Thanks for considering.

 kdenetwork (4:3.3.2-4) unstable; urgency=high

   * Urgency high for sarge targetted fixes of bugs at severity important.

   +++ Changes by Adeodato Simó:

   * Kopete is now able again to log into MSN Messenger accounts, after the
     latest change in the Microsoft servers yesterday. (Closes: #309745)
     Backported patch from upstream 3.4 SVN branch that introduces a new login
     handler stolen from KMess. Enabled nofinal for kopete/protocols/msn, since
     otherwise it won't compile.

   * As a result of the above new login handler, Kopete is now able to log into
     MSN Messenger accounts with Hotmail or MSN addresses that have a non-.com
     TLD (e.g., hotmail.co.uk), which closes: #306845. (The patch at upstream
     bug #96304 is now obsolete.)

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

And don't get me wrong - I don't mind getting proven wrong. I change my
opinions the way some people change underwear. And I think that's ok.
                -- Linus Torvalds