Re: kde.mk misses shared lib dependencies in /usr/lib/kde3

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 03:36, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Achim Bohnet [Wed, 27 Apr 2005 03:24:32 +0200]:
> > allee(0) ~/src/knemo/0.3.1 $ ldd /usr/lib/kde3/kded_knemod.so | grep libqt
> >         libqt-mt.so.3 => /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 (0xb6ce5000)
>
>   Don't trust ldd for this. Use objdump:
>
>     $ objdump -p /file | grep NEEDEd
>
>   If libqt isn't there, it needn't (musn't) be listed as a Dependency.

Thx.  You made me aware that I looked at the problem
from the wrong side.  Better:

	Don't trust or ldd and objdump -p for this ;)

knemo source code is full of qt includes and code.  So code
'needs' libqt-whatever.  But the Makefile.am does not link
againt QTLIB, therefore libtool des not use QTLIB for linking

That's okay because shared code is loaded into kcontrol and kicker
and libqt in loaded/resolved there already.

Assuming that the dlopening app has already all required libs
preloaded a dlopen-shared-code needs to link against nothing ;)
Somehow I doubt that this is a good thing for dh_shlibs try to
automaticly get library dependencies right.  For sure rdepends
is rendered somewhat useless.

Achim