Re: KDE 3.4: packages that require libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21)

* Martin Steigerwald [Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:55:49 +0200]:

> The cause is this that those packages depend on libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-21)
> but is installed 2.3.2.ds1-20 soll installiert.

> Is that intentional? This would exclude Debian Sarge users from testing
> KDE 3.4.

  libc6 2.3.2.ds1-21 is intended for sarge, which means that should be
  safe to install it from unstable today.

> I can update to newer libc but would loose X related development
> packages.

  You shouldn't. What command are you using to install libc6 from
  unstable? Try:

    # apt-get install -t unstable `grep-status -Fsource glibc |
                                   grep-dctrl -Fstatus installed -ns package`

  Or:

    # apt-get install `grep-status -Fsource glibc | grep-dctrl -Fstatus installed
                         -ns package | sed -e s/$/=2.3.2.ds1-21/`

  Basically, mention each installed package from the libc sources in the
  command line. I believe your "but would loose X related development
  packagse" is related to only upgrading libc6 and not libc6-dev at the
  same time.

  Also, next time please use debian-kde@lists.debian.org instead of
  debian-qt-kde: there's more people there who can both help you, and
  benefit from answers. Thanks.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the
dictionary.
                -- William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)