admin/debianrules kde_configdir issue

I am trying to decide whether I should revert the move of kde_configdir
from /etc/kde3 to /usr/share/config that was changed in experimental. It
has caused at least one noticable problem, kdm doesn't use the normal
kde path lookup like everything else so you can't override its config
files in /etc/kde3. It also is probably a policy violation to have config
files in /usr/share even though they can be overriden in /etc/kde3. Also
since the config files disappeared from /etc/kde3 upgrades from earlier
kde 3.x releases will keep their old config files in /etc/kde3 and use
them instead of the newer ones in /usr/share/config.

If I revert back to /etc/kde3 I think I will need to make a symlink from
/usr/share/config -> /etc/kde3 so that I still won't need /etc/kderc and
/etc/kde3/system.kdeglobals. I will probably also need to check and
remove any existing /etc/kderc /etc/kde3/system.kdeglobals files...

Any comments?

Thanks,
Chris