Re: KDE 3.1.5 Status Update - 20040209

Colin Watson wrote:
>There's going to be one problem with these two, namely that they both
>need newer alsa-lib which needs newer jack-audio-connection-kit than
>what's in testing, and some things still need to be rebuilt for that.

Having anticipated that, I worked out an extensive list of the issues
currently holding up jack-audio-connection-kit and sent it to -release.  :-)
I figured, worry about that first, *then* look at the KDE packages with
remaining problems.

The good news is that gst-plugins is the only package in the jack dependency
web with a known RC bug at the moment.  (Spiralsynthmodular was fixed almost
as soon as I reported the problem.)

>I'm inclined to remove some packages from testing to speed the way, but
>one of the affected packages is gst-plugins and that's a dependency of
>meta-gnome2, so that can't be so easily swept aside ...
Heh -- I guess it's unfortunate that gst-plugins is the one with the known RC
bug....

The other bad news is the nasty state of the buildds, about which I have made
a big, loud ruckus.  Maybe things will be better when I get back from
vacation in a week -- I can dream, can't I?  :-)