fontconfig: could bitmap fonts please be enabled by default in fontconfig?

In the bug history, I read this:

> I'll check whether it is reasonable to enable the bitmap fonts by
> default. I'm seeing improved aliasing stuff in the CVS, so it will
> probably be possible with the next upstream release.

Do you think it would be reasonable to enable bitmap fonts by default?  I just
dealt with a bug report by a user who installed konsole and xfonts-konsole,
but still wasn't getting the konsole font.

Alternatively (and my reason for cc'ing -qt-kde) xfonts-konsole should include
a README.Debian telling users to enable bitmap fonts in /etc/fonts/local.conf
if they want to actually use the package they installed.

Josh