Re: KDE 3.3.1 for Sarge

On Monday 22 November 2004 12:05, Riku Voipio wrote:

> In theory, kde x.y.* should be api/abi compatible. In practice, upstream
> may change method in kdelibs between 3.3.2 and 3.3.3 after noticing
> that the only user of that method is a plugin in kmail, change the
> few place the method is used, and and assume that nobody is going to
> notice.

I think that if such a binary incompatible change happens in a public API,
upstream should be notified about it.
If I remember correctly (better ask on kde-core-devel) a KDE application built
against kdelibs x.y should always run with kdelibs x.z where z >= y.
(unless the application uses some kind of non-public API, but then the
breakage is a bug of the application)

Cheers,
Kevin