Re: Accepted meta-kde 5:42 (all source)

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 08:49:23AM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Josh Metzler [Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:55:36 -0500]:

> > > Why did you change the version to 42?  And, why did you increment the
> > > epoch to 5, as 42 is already a higher version than 3.1.2?

>   still, I'm not sure I wholly agree with the decision. I know other
>   packages do that too (e.g., 'gnome'), but I think I wouldn't mind
>   having a meta-kde upload for each kde update for the benefit of a
>   percentage of our users.

There would be still times when meta-kde version could be out of sync
with kde in sarge (since they can migrate independently). Since meta-kde
doesn't come from kde sources, and looking at how meta-gnome2 is done,
I chose to sheepishly follow. Chris also agreed with changes, so I went
forward. As an afterthought, I could have remembered, that not everone
is on the #debian-kde channel these days, and Josh is right that the
epoch increase is uneccessary.