Re: [Fwd: kdelibs4-dev won't install properly]

On Monday 11 October 2004 05:13 pm, lester wrote:
> kdelibs4-dev won't install so no headers to get kdevelop3 to configure
> properly.
>
> error code indicates a problem with dependencies. (see error message)
>
> Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
> the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
> that package should be filed.

>  kdelibs4-dev: Depends: kdelibs4 (= 4:3.2.3-2) but 4:3.2.3-4 is to be
> installed
>                Depends: kdelibs-bin (= 4:3.2.3-2) but 4:3.2.3-4 is to
> be installed
>                Depends: libcupsys2-dev but it is not going to be
> installed E: Broken packages
> RESULT=100
>
> Note: The attempt to install kdevelop3 was after an upgrade to the
> debian packages on the system.

It looks to me like you at one time installed kdelibs4 and kdelibs-bin (and
probably other packages) from sid/unstable, but now are trying to install
from sarge/testing.  kdelibs 4:3.2.3-4 was in unstable from August 3 to 14.
The current version of kdelibs in testing is 4:3.2.3-2.

So, your options are:

1) install kdevelop3 and kdelibs4-dev from unstable.  To do this, you will
need to upgrade KDE to 3.3.0, as it is the current version in unstable.

2) install kdevelop3 and kdelibs4-dev from snapshot.debian.net using a
snapshot from in the date range above.

3) downgrade kdelibs4, kdelibs-bin, and related packages to the versions in
testing.

Josh