Qt library without STL support?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why Qt library is build  without STL support in Debian (at
least in Sarge and Sid)?

I've done some search in Debian BTS. This was reported as important bug in
#194475 and #242633. #194475 is 354 (!) days old and #242633 is 34 days old.
None of reports where answered by maintainer.

I've also searched debian-qt-kde and debian-kde mailing lists, but results did
not satisfied me (they say people need STL support, but it's unclear why
library is built without it).

--
Marius Žalinauskas