Re: changes in Makefile.am

Hi!

Thanks for the quick answers to the both of you.

On Tuesday 13 April 2004 12.00, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Zsolt Rizsanyi writes:
> > If I try to rebuild the makefiles I get problems with *.moc
> > autogeneration.
>
> I'm guessing that you only ran automake, and did not do "make -f
> admin/Makefile.common".  See below.

I did run Makefile.common. I don't know from where did the problem with
the .moc files came. Maybe because I did not turn off the maintainer mode.

> > Is there some solution to these problems?
>
> The best way to deal with this is ( credit for all the nice tricks
> goes to calc ;) ):
>
> 1 download the source of the package, and put it in appname-version
[...]

Yes, this seems to be the same as the one calc described, but this was
easier to understand and follow :)

> This procedure avoids unnecessary rebuilds of the Makefiles, allows
> you to change whatever you want in the Makefile's, creates a very ugly
> .diff.gz ( containing all the differences between the Makefiles
> generated by upstream, and those generated by us ), but that's not a
> problem if you properly made all your changes as patches ( which you
> should always do anyway :) ).

Yes. I already had the changes as patches. It seems that I have only missed
the maintainter-mode change.

> I hope this is a bit clear, if you have any more questions, please
> ask.

I'm currently compiling, but it seems that there are no other problems.

Thanks again
Zsolt