Re: Processed: Re: Bug #237820: menu: update-menu 2.1.10 fails on some menu entries

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:36:45PM -0400, slaven peles wrote:
> Actually there is still a menu/KDE problem present. When I try to update-menus
> I get following output:
> localhost:/root# update-menus
> sh: line 1: /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu: No such file or directory
> localhost:/root#
> As a result there is no 'Start new session' entry in the kde menu. This
> problem was reported under both #237820 and #242975. The later is still
> outstanding. It would be good if it can be fixed before next kdm upload or if
> some user workaround can be suggested.

The only fix for this is to go in and delete the /etc/menu-methods/kdm
file. It has nothing to do with the "Start new session" option in the
kde menu. To enable that you must uncomment the extra servers in
/etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers. The menu-method will be removed when kdebase
is uploaded and really should have been a separate bug.

Chris