Re: Please build KDE on other arches and upload to experimental

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:26:25AM -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 03:30:42AM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> > If you happen to have a non i386 arch system please try building kde on
> > it and if you are a debian developer upload the result to experimental.
> > If you see any problems please report them to this list.
>
> I'm building these (by hand; must get round to setting up sbuild or
> pbuilder) on powerpc, and have uploaded arts to experimental.

After kdeutils or so I got bored and set up sbuild, which helped a lot.
I've uploaded all of KDE 3.2 I could find for powerpc to incoming,
except for kdemultimedia since that build-depends on libtag1-dev which
is still in the NEW queue (so arts, kdeadmin, kdeartwork, kdebase,
kdegames, kdegraphics, kdelibs, kdenetwork, kdepim, kdetoys, kdeutils).
No problems beyond that reported in my previous mail.

At least the basic parts appear to work, although I don't actually use
KDE except for the odd demonstration. :-)