Re: pkg-kde: commit - rev 33 - people/jd/scripts

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 05:53:52PM +0100, David Pashley wrote:
> Author: jd-guest
> Date: 2004-02-12 17:53:52 +0100 (Thu, 12 Feb 2004)
> New Revision: 33
>
> Added:
>    people/jd/scripts/check-replaces
> Removed:
>    people/jd/scripts/check-conflicts.pl
> Log:
> It has come to my attention that I want to use Replaces, not Conflicts.
> script renamed and altered to read Replaces. The concept that a package
> conflicts with another package if they contain the same file is kept.

I haven't looked at the new script in detail but I wanted to make sure
you know the following information. If you need to take over a file
from a package that still exists, but no longer ships that file, just
use replaces. If you have a file that needs your version and the other
package still exists and contains that file you need a conflicts. If
you have a file that needs to take over a file from a package that no
longer exists then it should be a Conflicts and Replaces, this insures
that the old package does not stay installed on the system. At least as
I understand it. ;)

Also, as domi said when you use svn you should move the file not
add/remove so that changes can be tracked. :)

Chris