Re: Policy for Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers Group

On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 04:20:42PM +0200, Martin Loschwitz wrote:
> I prepared a policy for the Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers Group, the document
> can be found at http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/debian-kde-policy.html

Hi,

Just a few clarififications:

1. About alioth: Will we have the entire kde packages in alioth svn
   or just the debian/ dirs? I know we can't at the moment use pristine
   upstream tarballs, but having the entire source tree in our version
   managment feels like a HUGE waste of space, as we are supposed only
   to edit files under debian/ dirs..

2. About commits to module, I think we should rewrite it as:

- (5) Commits to a module may only be done if
+ (5) Commits to the TRUNK of a module may only be done if

  Creating a branch where to commit fixes and then letting primary
  maintainer to merge them to TRUNK if he finds them appropriate
  seems more intuitive than asking for permission for every commit.

  I'm refering TRUNK being here whatever we choose in svn to be the
  branch which next unstable upload will emarge from.

  Also, I think we should not be that strict for all commits. Strictly
  nonfunctional commits, like typofixes, better descriptions and
  documentation (Maybe even adding manpages) should be "fix at will".

--
Riku Voipio  	       |    riku.voipio@iki.fi         |
kirkkonummentie 33     |    +358 40 8476974          --+--