Re: Where to report KDE bugs?

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 04:50:26PM +0100, David Pashley wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2003 at 14:31, Nikita V. Youshchenko praised the llamas by saying:
> > Hello.
> >
> > What is the current policy about reporting bugs in KDE from sid (like
> > #216228)? Should Debian BTS or KDE BTS be used?
> >
> > It's somewhat more consistent to report these bugs using 'reportbug' tool,
> > just like all other bugs on Debian system. But that means that reports will
> > go to Debian BTS, not KDE BTS. Is that ok?
> >
> You can certianly send bugs to Debian. We can forward them upstream if
> needed. I don;t know how Chris and Ben feel about this.

I feel that almost all bugs reported in Debian BTS against KDE are
upstream bugs (Seriously look at kdebase sometime). A large amount of
them are hard to reproduce and forwarding them means I now have to
communicate between upstream and the reporter on said bugs. Therefore,
what usually happens is the bugs don't get fixed or take a lot longer
than if the user submitted them upstream to begin with. If the bug is
sufficiently bad then perhaps also file a follow up bug in Debian BTS
with the KDE BTS bug number would be good.

There are about 5 people dealing with all the KDE bugs reported to
Debian vs 800+ developers dealing with them upstream. Do the math... ;)

Chris