Re: kdebase/debian

On Saturday 04 October 2003 09:44, David Pashley wrote:
> On Oct 04, 2003 at 08:03, Ralf Nolden praised the llamas by saying:
> > On Saturday 04 October 2003 01:20, David Pashley wrote:
> > > CVS commit by dpash:
> > >
> > > Add KRandR files
> >
> > Argl. This is wrong until XFree 4.3 goes into unstable !!! Please remove.
> >
> > Ralf
>
> This is HEAD. It won't be going into sid until after sarge is released.
> AIUI 4.3 will be in sarge. I think it should stay. Anyone else's
> opinions? I feel that we need to test this stuff and find any bugs in
> XFree86 4.3 before it goes into sarge as we won't be able to fix any
> bugs that get into stable. This could make 3.2 backports hard.

Well, this will make packaging throw up every time. Why don't you keep a local
copy for those modifications if you use XFree 4.3 until it's in unstable ?
I'm doing the same here :-) for builds that use Xfree 4.3. Otherwise we're
forcing anyone to check for kcontrol.install and remove that stuff for builds
on unstable if he wants to get KDE from CVS. The fact that we know you can
use this when you build against xfree in expermental doesn't mean anyone else
does, plus you won't find bugs in X this way.

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org