Re: ETA on kdebase 3.1.4?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 02:22:43AM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:23:30AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Several estimates have come and gone, but could we have a new estimate
> > anyway?  ;-)
>
> After looking at kdebase closer I determined it will take a bit longer
> than expected to fix it. There are roughly 55-60 Debian specific bugs on
> kdebase which I am currently working on.

If an initial upload of kdebase 3.1.4 could be made before all of the
work necessary for a final release has been done, that would be very
much appreciated. You'll be able to start finding out whether there are
unexpected build problems that way, and you'll give the release team a
better idea of how long we should expect to wait before it's in a
releasable state.

While it makes sense not to upload kdebase willy-nilly because of its
size and the length of time it takes to build, it really doesn't make
sense to be too conservative either.

Thanks,