Re: Policy for Debian Qt/KDE Maintainers Group

I was a bit scared reading about Chris Cheney orphaning his KDE packages
in the unreleased DWN and wnpp mailout... I'm glad to see that the group
discussed earlier was/is actually being created.

Now, some comments on
http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/debian-kde-policy.html

Reading paragraph 1(3), I worry about only allowing the group to remove
people doing malicious things... Perhaps some examples of malicious
behavior would be useful. E.g. knowingly going against the policy
document? Knowingly doing things that the Debian technical committee vote
is unacceptable for Debian?
-----
Paragraph 1(2) should probably be clarified. "If there are no
objections"... "If there are no formal objections"... what's the time
period during which objections can be made? Perhaps people should be
revocable added during the objection period. I.e. added ad hoc, but if
there's an objection in time, then they can be removed without having
use paragraph 1(3).
-----
Paragraph 2(8)
- (8) A primary port maintainer may turn down the rights given to him in
2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 and allow one member or all members of the Debian
Qt/KDE...
+ (8) A primary port maintainer may turn down the rights given to him in
2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 and allow some or all of the members of the Debian
Qt/KDE...

It is probably not desirable to limit co-maintainership to only one or
all.
-----
Paragraph 2(9) talks about a consensus with the mailing list. Perhaps this
should be a consensus with the group?

Also, a semantic issues, it should be "Changes to this policy", not file or
else you're contradicting the license of the file.
-----

     Drew Daniels
P.S. please CC replies to me.