Re: the kde meta-package or BTS #211985

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 09:58:34PM +0100, Peter Nuttall wrote:
> my point was questioning the value of a meta-package that would be the logical
> thing to install if you were wanting kde but that seemed to be both big and
> broken.

It will be primarily of use for stable Debian releases when the dist has
actually stablized and is installable. ;)

> > That said meta-kde will be restructured very soon in that unofficial KDE
> > apps will no longer be mentioned by meta-kde directly, there will be a
> > second meta-kde-extras source that provides metapackages for them. This
> > will allow backports to use meta-kde without unsolvable dependencies.
> >

> this is want I was asking for.  but went you talk of 'unofficial' packages are
> you refering to the kde things like the games and the multimedia packages or
> koffice and quanta or things like juk and arson?

The official kde packages are:
arts
kde-i18n
kdeaddons
kdeadmin
kdeartwork
kdebase
kdebindings
kdeedu
kdegames
kdegraphics
kdelibs
kdemultimedia
kdenetwork
kdepim
kdesdk
kdetoys
kdeutils
quanta

Note: Juk will be part of kdemultimedia in KDE 3.2 so will be part
official at that point.

Chris