Re: krandr in kdebase....

On Mittwoch, 3. September 2003 22:23, James Michael Greenhalgh wrote:
> On September 03, 2003 16:12, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know that only xfree 4.3 supports xrandr but however, kdebase ships
> > krandr in case you're compiling with xfree 4.3.
> >
> > I suggest I'd add a krandr.install file so one can easily add a krandr
> > section to the control file if that's ok - we just need to use that in
> > case we're upgrading to xfree 4.3.
> >
> > Ralf
>
> I currently have my randr related files in the kcontrol.install .  Don't
> see why they should be treated any different from say the kfontinst stuff
> ... or do you think it would be better as an optional package in kdebase
> once xfree 4.3 comes around?

The thing is that

a) you need to maintain an extra kcontrol.install file for that
b) krandr is also available as an application to rotate the screen that
additionally can be configured with a kcontrol module (similar to krfb)

So I suggest putting it into an extra package for now.

Ralf

> James
>

> --
> James Michael Greenhalgh
> jgreenhalgh@opendoorsoftware.com
> https://opendoorsoftware.com
> open minds providing open source solutions

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org