Re: kdelibs-bin and kdelibs4 libs moving

On Mittwoch, 3. September 2003 00:14, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 10:32:06PM +0200, Ralf Nolden wrote:
>
> > Hi Calc,
> >
> > anything about moving the kaddprinterwizard.so/.la and knotify.so/.la to
> > kdelibs4 from kdelibs-bin ? We need to do that too to have a clean
> > upgrade path; kaddprinterwizard.so/.la is already moved to /usr/lib/kde3
> > as a kde module.
>
> See my other message regarding those two libraries, they both appear to
> be speed hacks for binaries on KDE 3.1...

David told me that the best thing is to move those files in /usr/lib to
kdelibs-bin. They are programs, not libraries, so they are not versioned at
all. As kdelibs4 can only need versioned libs to provide a library layer
where we can make it a kde 3 libs package for compatibility once kde 4 comes
up, this seemed to be the best solution. Already changed in HEAD.

Ralf

> Chris

Ralf Nolden
nolden@kde.org