Re: #194475: libqt3-mt-dev: library compiled without STL support?

On Samstag, 30. August 2003 21:33, Chris Cheney wrote:
> Ralf,
>
> Do you know why STL is being disabled on Qt3 for Debian?  Martin said
> you said "it breaks lotsa stuff". However, the bug reporter mentions
> that other dists use it...

He's wrong. I'm working closely with the SuSE packager on those issues to keep
a level of compatibility. When we had STL enabled, it broke apps from
compiling because developers use SuSE for developing Qt/KDE apps (guess why
that was so...) That's why we disabled it to not cause any trouble for some
apps to compile it. If you want to use Qt's STL there's a define that you
need to pass in your CXXFLAGS=-DQT_STL for those programs that depend on the
Qt STL support (which are the minority compared to the other fraction). If I
remember correctly, I had this documented in the README.Debian in qt-x11-free
- If you can't find it there tell me to add it (or add the above yourself :)

Ralf

Ralf

> Thanks,
>
> Chris Cheney