Re: about shell scripts having X>&Y in place of X&>Y

On Wednesday, 1 March 2023 16:52:55 CET Patrice Duroux wrote:
> Regarding the upstream cases, at least I started with two of them:
> 1. https://lkml.org/lkml/2023/3/1/396

When it comes to the (upstream) kernel, there's a script which tells you what
the best place is to send your patches to:
`scripts/get_maintainer.pl <path-to-file-in-question>`

That gives a whole list and you could send it to everyone, or pick the
appropriate mailing list from there, which in this case is:
linux-perf-users@vger.kernel.org

If you don't get a response in a reasonable timeframe to your current message
(lkml is really high volume so not everyone follows that), then I'd suggest to
try again on the linux-perf-user@vger.kernel.org ML.

HTH