Thoughts on trying to remove old and unused lintian tags?

Hello!

Would people be against an effort to clean old and unused lintian tags?

I'm currently counting 1522 tags and I'm sure a bunch of those aren't relevant anymore.

Last time I tried to submit a MR where I was removing code I knew wasn't needed anymore, there was some push-back. Before I start putting energy into this, I was wondering if people had opinions/advice.

What I was planning to do was to:

1. use the UDD database to list all the tags that aren't currently emitted in the archive.

2. have a look at them and see if the issues they were flagging are still relevant.

I'm certainly not an expert in all the issues in the world, but I (maybe naively) thought certain things would stand out as being clearly "old issues we don't care about anymore".

The final goal is of course to make lintian easier to maintain in the long run, and maybe even faster?

Thoughts?

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Louis-Philippe Véronneau