Re: [pkg-gnupg-maint] What do we do about GnuPG 1.4 in debian?

On Sat, 30 Apr 2022 07:49, Paul Wise said:

> Are there any things that can be done with GnuPG 1.4 that cannot be
> done with GnuPG 2 or one of the other OpenPGP implementations?

Yes, decrypting legacy data created between 1992 to ~2003.  That is
because support for PGP 2 has been dropped from 2.x by public demand.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
The pioneers of a warless world are the youth that
refuse military service.             - A. Einstein