Re: Regarding how to join open source

On Sat, 2022-02-26 at 10:52 +0530, Anish Kumbhar wrote:

> I am Anish Devendra Kumbhar, 1 st Year B.Tech student in CSE.
> I know C and C++, and am learning web development and python.
> I am really curious to know about open source and its contribution process.
> This will be my first experience with an open source project and its
> community, so please guide me about how to proceed further.

There are lots of different ways to contribute to Debian listed here:

   https://www.debian.org/intro/help

Since you are a student you might be interested in a paid internship
with Debian through the Google Summer of Code program or possibly other
opportunities for mentoring.

   https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2022
   https://wiki.debian.org/Mentoring

There is lots of software in Debian written in C and C++. The main
C/C++ packages that are maintained by Debian are apt and dpkg.

   https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Apt
   https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg

The Debian Python team maintains a lot of packages of Python modules
and can always use more help.

   https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonTeam

If you are interested in Debian's quality assurance processes and
tools, please refer to this page:

   https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org

If you have any further questions about packaging or the different ways
of getting involved in Debian, please read the intro and then ask your
questions on the debian-mentors mailing list:

   https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/
   https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/

--
bye,