Re: New joiner

On Thu, 2022-09-29 at 06:52 +0800, Adrian Gallo wrote:

> I have read your website and am keen to join the Debian QA team.

Excellent and welcome to Debian!

> There are a lot of options to help out.

Indeed, most of them are mentioned on these pages:

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org
https://www.debian.org/intro/help#testing

> Could I please have direction in the best way to start contributing
> to the QA team?

That depends on your skills and interests. Here is a list of the most
impactful projects and skills for them. All of them need contributors.

lintian: Perl based tool, used by maintainers to improve packages.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Lintian

distro-tracker: Python/Django website, a per-package info/TODO list.

https://tracker.debian.org/
https://qa.pages.debian.net/distro-tracker/contributing.html

piuparts: Python based tool, checks package install/upgrade/remove.

https://piuparts.debian.org/
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/piuparts/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING

debci/autopkgtest: Python tool and Ruby website, used by package
maintainers to automatically check that packages still work.

https://ci.debian.net/doc/

--
bye,
pabs