Re: Re: Re: small question regarding UDD and Source.xz file

On 13/03/21 at 18:26 +0100, Patrice Duroux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So I'm assuming you are talking about the contents of Installed-Build-Depends
> which is part of the .buildinfo file of the build packages output.
> Because I tried to check the .deb content, the UDD, the different index files of
> the Debian pool and also DPT, to find such a relationship but without success.
> Are those from the packages provided the Debian pool publicly available
> anywhere? Could it be some sort in the https://ftp-master.debian.org/ vault?

No, I'm talking about Built-Using. See
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#additional-source-packages-used-to-build-the-binary-built-using

> Sorry for my curiosity, I was trying to figure out how Debian maintainers deal
> with packages like at random:
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/beav
> It seems to me that it has not been "touched" (in the broad sense) for a while:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/beav/?C=M;O=A
>
> I know there are Debian CI and Reproducible which surely do a regular check.

For that specific package, it was rebuilt through a binNMU in 2018
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=beav

There has been a recent effort to ensure that all packages were built at
least once recently:
http://layer-acht.org/thinking/blog/20201231-no-source-change-source-uploads/

Lucas