Re: Problems

Hi!
These are end-user questions, and this is a developer list (this one in
particular is about neglected packages and detecting neglect).  It would
be nice if, in the future, you asked on debian-user@ or similar places.

Both of your questions are specific to a particular desktop environment
(Gnome, XFCE, KDE, Mate, Cinnamon, ...).  I'll answer about XFCE as that's
what I use.

On Sun, Jan 03, 2021 at 07:30:15PM +0200, slava stalkerovich wrote:
> 1.Is it possible to display on the panel the indication of switching
> languages in the form of an icon (as in windows)?

Sure: Applications|Panel (or right-click on a panel).  "Add New Items",
"Keyboard Layouts".

This should be similar in other desktop environments -- likely names beside
"Keyboard Layouts" include "Language Indicator" and mixes of the two.

> 2. when connecting two monitors to one video card, it is impossible in
> the "display" settings to make the normal display mode of both
> monitors.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "normal" mode.  If that's each monitor
next to each other, on XFCE you drag one of overlapping displays to a
side.  This is not as easy to see, as they appear to be a single display;
most other DEs have a more discoverable switch that says "mirror".

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀ .--[ Makefile ]
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ # beware of races