Re: Public UDD mirror offline?

> > Since a bunch of things are out of sync due to UDD mirror being offline, and making it harder to track, I wished to ping again.
>
> I just pinged
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian.net-team/requests/-/issues/6 asking the
> debian.net team to just bypass Asheesh and get me an account.
>
> I suppose that if I don't hear from them in one or 2 days I'll just
> create a VM somewhere under my own name; though I'm not exactly thrilled
> to use my own money I suppose I can do that for a few days to a few
> weeks while the above mentioned ticket gets handled.

could we take this "opportunity" to re-evaluate if udd-mirror would be
better provided from a DSA machine/vm, instead of a third-party cloud
provider (that can be locked down if the account owner becomes
unresponsive)?

it appears as if this service has gotten quite some tools depending on
it and probably reassessing its maintenance is in order.

Thanks for working on this!

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/