Re: Available to help

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:24 PM Scott C. MacCallum <scm.linux@pm.me> wrote:

> I'm available to help.

Excellent, thanks for your interest!

Debian has a lot of different QA related tools and services you could work on:

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org

Probably the highest impact one is lintian, a tool for checking Debian
packages for issues, this is written in Perl.

https://lintian.debian.org/
https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian
https://bugs.debian.org/src:lintian

After that, the Debian Package Tracker is a service for packaging
contributors to view information about individual packages, this is
written in Python and uses the Django framework.

https://tracker.debian.org/

There are lots of other ways to help Debian, some of them are listed here:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

> Is there someone willing to mentor me?

The way mentoring in Debian usually works is that when you have a
question, you ask it publicly on the appropriate IRC channel or
mailing list for what you are working on, and anyone who knows the
answer or has some ideas will reply.

> I have been using GNU/Linux for 22 years, so I shouldn't be too much trouble. :-)

Great. If you want to share some more info about your skills and
interests, both within Debian and within the wider world, we might be
able to recommend some more specific things you could work on.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise