Re: I would love to volunteer with the team

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 7:12 AM Nicholas Tsimerekis wrote:

> I've been trying to find an opportunity to contribute to the Debian project.

There are many places to contribute and many things that need doing,
some are documented here:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help
https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

> I have dabbled in all of the following:
> bash, C, Java, Python, Apache, SSH, git, apt, HTML, packaging, ...
> So if there is anything I can do, please let me know!

If you don't have a particular problem in Debian you want to solve, I
would encourage you to work on this project:

https://tracker.debian.org/

Here are the guidelines for working on the Debian package tracker project:

https://qa.pages.debian.net/distro-tracker/contributing.html

If you aren't interested in that, there are some other QA projects
listed here, the most important ones are lintian, piuparts and
autopkgtest/debci:

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org

Also, lots of Debian services could use your help:

https://wiki.debian.org/Services

PS: if you encounter any unfamiliar jargon, our glossary should be
helpful to you:

https://wiki.debian.org/Glossary

--
bye,