DMD: TLS connection issues result in wrong information

Hi!

I have an issue with on specific Debian Maintainer Dashboard [1] relying
on UDD and would like to ask you for help: There are lots of connection
errors to TLS protected websites which make the dashboard slightly
unusable for our team, and I believe they must be due to some firewall
restriction or filtering issue on the host machine:

debian/watch: uscan returned an error: In watchfile debian/watch,
reading webpage https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/ failed: 500
Can't connect to www.torproject.org:443

debian/watch: uscan returned an error: In watchfile debian/watch,
reading webpage https://keyringer.pw/releases/ failed: 500 Can't connect
to keyringer.pw:443

debian/watch: uscan returned an error: In watchfile debian/watch,
reading webpage https://0xacab.org/jvoisin/mat2/tags failed: 500 Can't
connect to 0xacab.org:443

All these URLs are perfectly accessible from any other non-filtered
locations. I let you verify that for yourself.

Do you know why this is happening and what to do about it?
It seems to me that the machine on which DMD runs is hosted at a US
university [2]. Do you think it might be due to that? And if so, how can
this be mitigated? Can this service run on a non-filtered network?

Also, if my message should reach someone else, like debian-qa@ who seems
to be responsible for UDD, please let me know.

Thanks!
Ulrike

[1]
https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=ulrike%40debian.org&email2=pkg-privacy-maintainers%40lists.alioth.debian.org&email3=u%40451f.org&packages=&ignpackages=&format=html#todo