Re: Requirements to show something as action item on tracker.debian.org

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 6:20 PM Holger Levsen wrote:

> - (build-)depends on orphaned packages

I guess you don't want to see this because you have enough to work on already.

I think that this could be disabled when one is logged in as someone
who is maintainer of more than X packages or more than Y core
packages, but that wouldn't help people who don't login. I don't know
enough Django or the distro-tracker code well enough so I'll leave
reporting/implementing that up to someone else.

I think adding a CSS class for each action item type would help people
who don't or can't login, since they could add local CSS (like
Firefox's userContent.css or the Stylus WebExtension) to hide those
action items. This seemed easy to achieve, so I've done this and
deployed the patch. The orphaned packages item can be disabled using
this CSS:

.action-item-debian-depneedsmaint { display: none; }

> - new upstream version only available in experimental (yes, because
>   buster is frozen)

I think it is appropriate to file a bug asking that this be disabled
when the freeze is on. As far as I can tell there is no
machine-readable indicator that buster is frozen, but there used to be
one for stretch in the release team's calendar file. So this would
require the release team to create a machine-readable way for the
tracker to know if testing is currently frozen.

https://release.debian.org/release-calendar.ics

--
bye,
pabs