Re: rebuilding packages producing no amd64, but other binary-arch packages

On 2019-01-14 19:53, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 12/01/19 at 08:32 +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> Source packages that build binary-arch packages, but no amd64 binary
>> packages are usually not tested by archive wide rebuilds and may
>> silently FTBFS for a long time.

>> Does anyone have an idea how to quickly build a list of these for sid?

> Using UDD, with:

Many thanks for these queries, I ended up with building package lists with

select distinct source, source_version, architecture, release from packages
where release = '$DISTRO' and architecture = '$ARCH'
and source not in (select source from packages where release='$DISTRO'
and architecture = 'amd64');

and rebuilt them for the release architectures on sid, stretch, (jessie)
using abel, amdahl, plummer, eller, minkus, zelenka, (and i386 locally)
I've also tried hurd-i386/sid, but there does not seem to be a kfreebsd
porterbox any more, so that will be skipped.

Interestingly there are no packages in the archive that are specific to
mips64el (and not also built for amd64).

Two new bugs have been reported:
fenix-plugins #919340
libdfp #919783

I'll do a buster rebuild later in the freeze.

Andreas

PS: for the curious, here are my porterbox rebuilding scripts:
https://salsa.debian.org/anbe/porterbox/blob/master/bin/porterbox-rebuild-in
https://salsa.debian.org/anbe/porterbox/blob/master/bin/porterbox-rebuild-package-list