What to do with the "Upstream info" links in the PTS and the packages-metadata branch in collab-qa ?

Hello everybody,

sorry for the longish title... In brief, some years ago I was aiming at
gathering debian/upstream/metadata files from the VCS in which each
source packages is stored, and mirror them in a central repository
easily accessible.

As a repository I chose the collab-qa Subversion repository on Alioth.
And for the gathering I was relying on a service that listened to the
emails posted on the debian-devel-changes, fetched the metadata file
from the package's VCS if available, and commited it in the collab-qa
repository.

There are two reasons why I would like to interrupt this experiment (if
not abandonning it).  1) Alioth is going down soon.  2) The gatherer I
wrote in Perl (umegaya) had a bug that I never managed to track down,
and my attempts to rewrite it in Haskell failed (I never found enough
time to excell in Haskell...).

At the moment, the PTS points to files in the collab-qa repository
via Alioth' viewvc browser.  Can somebody disable the links ?  The
repository is completely outdated anyway.

I plan to "svn rm" the packages-metadata directory in collab-qa.  Would
that cause any trouble to somebody ?

With our brand new GitLab forge and its continuous integration system,
there may be something to do in the future.  But I do not have the
time yet.  Anbody interested in gathering the debian/upstream/metadata
files somewhere is welcome !

Have a nice day,

Charles

--