Re: packages that FTBFS twice in a row ...

Holger Levsen dixit:

>On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 05:14:02AM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
>> Does the reproducible build effort currently test for reproducibility of
>> source packages?
>
>no. the creation of Debian source packages is not reproducible at the
>moment. I don't recall whether we found a fundamental problem with it or

Debian source packages are the *source* form of everything in Debian;
therefore, they are (per definitionem) “correct”, as they are taken
and copied, not (re)created.

>(I guess it's probably that this would require pristine-tar which would

pristine-tar is not perfect and does not work on all architectures
or with all workflows, not even all VCSes. This does not sound
desirable.

Standard workflow for a “second” upload is to download the previous
one, reusing the same origtgz, creating a second Debian source pak‐
kage with it, and then using debdiff to validate the changes, anyway.
(I do. Don’t you?) So I don’t think that’s something that needs to
be explored.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
13:22⎜«neurodamage» mira, what's up man? I have a CVS question for you in #cvs
16:06⎜<Draget:#cvs> Thank god I found you =)   20:03│«bioe007:#cvs» mira2k: ty