Re: mass-removing packages that missed both jessie and stretch?

On 2017-07-19 23:29, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It is becoming increasingly painful to do QA work due to the number of
> packages in unstable that have been completely broken for a long time.
>
> I've been pondering with ignoring packages not in testing when doing
> archive rebuilds, but that's not really a good solution.
>
> So, I propose that we remove from the archive all packages that:
>   were in unstable at the time of the jessie freeze
> AND
>   were not in jessie at the time of the release
> AND
>   where in unstable at the time of the stretch freeze
> AND
>   where not in stretch at the time of the release
> AND
>   are still not in testing
> AND
>   were not uploaded over the last 6 months

That list didn't include packages from contrib/non-free, did it?
I'm sure there has some cruft accumulated as well, but I can't find an
example quickly.

And what about experimental? We probably could do some cleanup there as
well.

For packages in experimental but not in unstable, I'd suggest to apply
the above criteria with s/were in unstable/were in experimental( but not
in unstable)?/.

For packages in both experimental and unstable ... hopefully the
previous cleanup run got them removed from unstable already.

I wouldn't mind reviewing the package lists before bugs get filed.

Andreas