Re: Hi there!

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Fabian Bmn wrote:

> my name is Fabian, i'm 21, and i'm from Germany.
> At the moment i'm a trainee for IT (Software Development).
> In my free time i would like to help the Debian project, because Debian is a
> good and stable solution for my needs.

Awesome, thanks for your interest!

> So i would like to ask you i you have some suggestions regarding the start
> in the Debian QA team. :)

I've written some ideas below, if you want more specific guidance,
please join our IRC channel and we can discuss it further.

ircs://irc.oftc.net/debian-qa

If you have some Python and Django experience, the best option would
be to help developing the distro-tracker software that powers the
Debian Package Tracker website:

https://tracker.debian.org/
https://bugs.debian.org/tracker.debian.org

If you want to work on other parts of the QA infrastructure, we have a
list of projects here:

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org

If you want to help out with fixing poor quality packages, you can do
sponsored QA uploads of orphaned packages or sponsored NMUs
(non-maintainer uploads) of packages with RC (release-critical) bugs:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.en.html#nmu
https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
https://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/
https://udd.debian.org/bugs.cgi

You can also run how-can-i-help on your system and adopt any packages
you use regularly or otherwise care about:

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

There are a number other ways to help Debian, both technical and otherwise:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

If you encounter any unfamiliar jargon while helping Debian, you can
find the meaning of most of it here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Glossary

--
bye,