Re: Unable to connect service=udd

No, I am not using any hosts. I am new to this postgres and debian, working on Master thesis.

Can you please tell me the udd-mirror.debian.net hosts configuration?

And if I want to access debian.org hosts, how can I get the access to it?

Regards
Hassaan Afridi

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 9:42 PM, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:19:09PM +0200, hassaan afridi wrote:
> I am trying to connect UDD through python by using connection string:
>
> conn = psycopg2.connect("service=udd")
>

> I am getting error "*psycopg2.OperationalError: definition of service *
>
> *udd not found*"
>

> Do I need to add something else?

Well, from *where* are you running that command?
For it to work you'd need to define that udd service in postgres'
configuration; several debian.org hosts has it, but I guess you are not
running it from a *.debian.org host.
Besides, UDD is not a public facing postgres server, so you can connect
via postgres to udd.debian.org (bug you could use udd-mirror.debian.net
for that).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540      .''`.
more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                  `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia  `-