Re: lirc: adequate reports multiple obsolete-conffiles for lirc Package: lirc

at bottom :-

On 18/01/2017, Alec Leamas <leamas.alec@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 03:12:49 +0530
>  > =?UTF-8?B?c2hpcmlzaCDgpLbgpL/gpLDgpYDgpLc=?= <shirishag75@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>  >
>  > > Adequate reported multiple obsolete-conffiles for lirc -
>  > >
>  > > [$] adequate lirc
>  > >
>  > > lirc: obsolete-conffile /etc/lirc/irexec.lircrc
>  > > lirc: obsolete-conffile /etc/lirc/lircmd.conf
>  > > lirc: obsolete-conffile /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
>  > > lirc: obsolete-conffile /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
>  > > lirc: obsolete-conffile /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf
>  >
>  > Hi!
>  >
>  > hm... My strongest feeling about the debian configuration handling is
>  > being on thin ice. That said, all of these files exists for reason.
>  >
>  > The hardware.conf is indeed obsolete, and not really used from 0.9.4+.
>  > But the upgrade from 0.9.0 to 0.9.4 is a breaking update requiring
>  > manual intervention, mostly about moving values from hardware.conf to
>  > lirc_options.conf. So it needs to around as reference for some cycles.
>  >
>  > The other files are important configuration stuff. On what ground does
>
> Please let me clarify: Actually removing these files is not possible,
> they are necessary and used. For now, I see adequate's warnings as a
> shortcoming of the tool, not being able to cope with a change of how the
> files are handled.
>
> Unless there is more input I will close this bug.

Dear Jakub and Debian-QA team,

Could somebody look into the assertions shared by Alec Leamas . It's
possible that it might be a false positive by adequate.

It's equally possible that the Package maintainer needs to do the
changes so that adequate doesn't flag them as obsolete.

As I'm no programmer/no coder, this is above my pay-grade. Could
somebody look into it and see what the issue is.

If there are any simple commands or something which I should have used
to dig more please share those as well so I could use them the next
time something similar comes around.

Looking forward to see the issue fixed one way or the other.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल