Re: ignored mysql-mmm-agent bugs

On 2016-04-15 17:27, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 09:05:06AM -0400, David Magda wrote:
I have two bugs (with patches/solutions) sitting around that the maintainer
seems to be ignoring:

* https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=791916
* https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=794656

you could always prepare a NMU.

I was not aware of "NMU" until now:

https://wiki.debian.org/NonMaintainerUpload

The maintainer is listed as Pascal Hofmann <mail@pascalhofmann.de>, but the
"pascalhofmann.de" domain seems to be no longer valid.

why should it be?

mattia@chase ~ % dig +short mx pascalhofmann.de
0 srv03.zwo0.de.

Have you actually tried to actually contact him?

Why should it be valid? Because I assumed that maintainers of packages need to give valid contact information to be maintainers. Doing a quick search, pascal-hoffmann.de appears to be valid, but there is not e-mail at the website and the whois only points to the hosting provider. There is a contact form, which I used; no reply yet.

The fixes are in the bugs, so updating things should hopefully be fairly
straight forward.

To me it seems that guy is not longer with us (last upload 2010), and
probably that package is better orphaned.

If you tried contacting him and got no replies in a resonable amount of
time please mail the MIA team, read here
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/MIA

Will look into it.

Thanks.