Re: billiard

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 01:21:43PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> git checkout master
> git reset --hard debian/3.3.0.23-1
> git push --force origin
>
> Then cherry-pick in the missing changes from the master branch. Oh,
> guessing this first went wrong because Michael Fladischer did not pull
> in my change (85f0544ddac25572f22de08be46a20863bd03844) before doing the
> new release, and did not notice that the push failed.
>
> ... except I don't think I can do a forced push to git.debian.org (seem
> to remember it failed last time I tried), so might have to rethink
> this. Maybe might have to merge the branches or something.

I'd just do a merge for this time, force pushing is bad for these cases.
BTW, to force push you have to manually change the git config on the
alioth repo to allow non-fast-forward pushes, but really, this is not
the case here!

If you don't like merges you can let the tag outside of any branch (it's
ok, imho, I actually do it for backports, for example, where imho a
branch is excessive), pick whatever is missing in master (by
cherry-pickying, or manually committing the relevant delta), and cut a
new upload.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo