Re: QA Upload of ptunnel package

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 05:24:07PM -0500, Daniel Echeverry wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I am working in a qa upload of ptunnel package, this revision have some changes:

oh, lovely ♥ :)

be aware though that this is the first time I see a RFS in this mailing
list since I'm subscribed to it (at least 3 years ago, guess more,
actually).
Next time you should really send an RFS, as suggested and instructed by
the mentors.d.n website (it's just opening a properly formatted bug
against sponsorship-requests).

Whatever, I may as well review and eventually upload it :)

>   * QA upload.
>   * New upstream release. Closes: #685305
>   * Switch to dpkg-source 3.0 (quilt) format.
>   * debian/control
>     + Set QA team as Maintainer
>     + Change debhelper to 9 in B-D
>     + Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.7
>       + Update to DEP5 copyright format 1.0

this thing about the copyright file should be on a different level.
Your rewrote the whole copyright file, so it should be on the first
level, something like:

  * debian/copyright:
    + Rewrite following copyright-format 1.0.

>     + Remove cbds and quilt from B-D
>     + Use dpkg architecture wildcards. Closes: #634477
>   * debian/compat
>     + Switch compat level 7 to 9
>   * Use wrap-and-sort

uh, well, please use it again :)

there are several ugly trailing whitespaces which will be removed by
wrap-and-sort(1).

While tackling trailing whitespaces please remove the one from
debian/rules:11

>   * Remove control.in file
>   * Remove dirs file
>   * Rename docs file to ptunnel.docs
>     + Update ptunnel.docs file

I'd love to see this changelog entry more specific, what did you add?

>   * debian/patches
>     + Add add_hardening_flags.diff
>       + Set correctly hardening flags
>     + Update fix_minus_chars_in_man.patch to DEP-3 format

you don't update a patch "to DEP-3 format".  please just write "Add
DEP-3 header to fix_minux_chars_in_man.patch" or something on that tune.

>     + Add fix_typo.diff
>       + Fix typo error in README file. Closes: #597288
>     + Rename makefile-debian-prefix to makefile-debian-prefix.patch
>       + Update patch to DEP-3 format

same as above.
Also, if you just renamed the file and add a header you don't become the
author.

Speaking of patches, none of them are forwarded according to that
metadata you added.  If upstream is still alive (is it?) maybe forward
them?

>   * Add ptunnel.doc-base file
>   * debian/rules
>     + Use Hardening flags
>   * Update watch file
>
> Could you someone check it out?
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/p/ptunnel/ptunnel_0.72-1.dsc
>
> Really thank you very much!

All in all, this is a really well done thing.
If you would kindly fix all the nitpicks above I'll really happily
upload it :)

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo