Re: http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/ not accessible any more

Hi Bas,

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 11:26:55AM +0200, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> > It seems it is forbidden to read the web dir directly.  Any reason for
> > this and if it is intentional what would be the alternative to fetch
> > data about packages in new?
>
> If indexes are forbidden intentionally now,

Thanks for the hint.  Was the rationale for this provided somewhere and
I simply missed the announcement?

> extracting the links from
> new.html may be reasonable alternative.
>
> https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Well, this could be surely done - but I fail to see the reason behind
this change which breaks at least one application.

> https://ftp-master.debian.org/backports-new.html

Good hint but backports-new is (currently) not parsed - at least not
intentionally.  May be it was parsed before by chance when the whole dir
was parsed.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--