Re: users of udd.sql.gz, please read

Hi Lucas,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:21:45PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> A few months ago, I started generating UDD dumps in a format suitable
> for pg_restore. If you are still using the old dump (udd.sql.gz),
> please migrate to using the new one.
>
> See
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-qa/udd.git/tree/scripts/recreate-db
> for the script I use to sync my devel machine using such as .dump file.
>
> I plan to stop generating the old dumps in a few weeks.
> Please let me know if you can't migrate for some reason.

I could see a reason that you can not do this in a cron job when using
an ssh key with passphrase on udd.d.o (or am I wrong here?)  Since this
is not my need I'm fine with your change.

Please make sure that people who have not read this mail will notice
somehow - perhaps by injecting a README into the former *.gz file to
make users job fail and let them know why it fails.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de