removing xchat

Hi,
since Sandro gave up on package removal sprees some time ago I've lost
track on the process of package removals beside of maintainer requests.
Is someone actually working on removing unmaintained stuff from Debian
at the moment?

In a bleak moment prior to the jessie release I did the last upload of
xchat to unstable, but looking at it now I regret to have invested those
20 minutes. Today I've taken another 20 minutes and migrated to hexchat which
is an actively maintained fork upstream and in Debian. Looking at
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xchat I think we should remove
xchat ASAP, it's not even the latest release from 2010.

So do we've some process to follow at the moment or someone regularly tackling
such packages?

Sven