Re: Tracker Feature

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 3:28 AM, Brian Murray wrote:

> I'm interested in adding a link to the Ubuntu Error Tracker for crash
> reports about a package (e.g. https://errors.ubuntu.com/?package=dpkg)
> to the "ubuntu" section of the package tracker page. The Ubuntu Error
> Tracker contains information about the most frequently reported crashes
> from systems running releases of Ubuntu since 12.04. Would an addition
> for that be acceptable?

It sounds like an interesting idea, however...

Would it be possible for the maintainers of the Ubuntu error tracker
to switch to progressive enhancement, so the site works for
maintainers who do not enable JavaScript? We have a relatively large
number of such folks in Debian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_enhancement

It appears one needs a launchpad account to even read any of the
errors (except the bug reports). How can we prevent displaying the
link when the person visiting the Debian package tracker website
doesn't have a Launchpad login?

Does the Ubuntu error tracker have a machine-readable export of which
packages have errors in the Ubuntu error tracker? Such and export
should probably also contain all of the other info that would need to
appear on the Debian package tracker website (such as per-package
error counts).

--
bye,
pabs