Re: Interested in helping

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 3:33 AM, Linux Dave wrote:

> Hello. I am a long time Debian user. I am not a software engineer or have
> much experience with coding beyond shell scripting. I am interested in
> helping where I can. Please let me know if I can be of use or not. Thanks!

Thanks for your interest!

Please join the debian-qa mailing list and chat channel:

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org

There are quite a lot of areas of Debian QA we could use help with:

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/Join

A great thing you could do without any specific skills is to triage
the qa.debian.org bugs, some more info:

https://wiki.debian.org/BugTriage
https://bugs.debian.org/qa.debian.org
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2014/mini-debconf-barcelona/Bug_triaging_and_bug_closing_by_Solveig.webm
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2014/mini-debconf-barcelona/slides/Bug_triaging_and_bug_closing_by_Solveig%281%29.html

If you would like on the bug triage or more specific guidance on
things you could help with, please ask on chat.

There are lots of general areas you can help with too:

https://www.debian.org/intro/help

--
bye,
pabs